Responsible Beverage Server Training/Compliance Checks
How to check IDs
The Panhandle Prevention Coalition together with local law enforcement offer the following suggestions to help train your staff identify the following false identification situations.
- Check the size, thickness and color of the ID for anything unusual.
- Check the placement, size and typeface of the letters and numbers, nothing on the ID should be blurry.
- Look closely at the state seal of the ID to make sure it is correct and exact.
- Check for numbers that have been scratched or bleached out and inked over, or cut out and reinserted.
- Look for rough spots around the edges and over the photo where laminate may have been altered.
- Compare the photo with the person presenting the ID.
- Ask the presenter to sign his or her name on a sheet of paper and compare the signature to the one on the ID.
- Ask the presenter to verify personal data on the ID.
- Request alternate pieces of identification.
For upcoming RBST opportunities, click here.
Source: Oakland County, MI Health Division, Office of Substance Abuse Services.